Tuesday 16 November 2010

Some background on the recording.


To those who applauded, thanks. I thought it was good too, but then I would, wouldn't I? Seriously, thanks guys.

To those who thought it unecessary for me to be so objectionable, I will waste my time by explaining.

I used to be reasonable with them. "Just doing their job, aren't they?" After three seizures, (all overturned on appeal), I realised that their politeness was fake. They are thieves.

Since I started getting bolshy with them, I've never had a seizure of my goods. You'd think that by irritating them I'd make it worse for myself, but it turns out not to be so. While fighting them I have seen others with far less than me, being cooperative and getting theirs seized.

On this particular occasion I had nine times the "guideline quantity". Of tobacco, that is, and I don't smoke rollies! They were all for gifts. With a story like that I was not being awkward for fun, I was putting my money where my mouth is. I knew that I wouldn't actually be leaving there without a search, so it was necessary to show them who is boss, first.

Never fall for the nice guy routine! They ARE out to rob you. Always record it, they WILL lie. Do not accept "I'll write it in my notebook". As you will see from part two, some of them can't read their own writing. That's why I make her read it out to me at the end, (for the tape!)

If they seize your goods, they will suggest that you just walk away. DON'T! Without paperwork or receipt, they can pocket the lot.

Every time I get stopped, I push them further. It's the only way to find the limit. I will end up in a cell eventually. And I'll still win.

On this occasion, they un-arrested me before the interview. (part two). I now realise that this allowed them to refuse to record it. Next time I shall immediately walk again til they re-arrest me.

Once again, thanks for your comments. I'm kinda new to the blogosphere, and hadn't realised how gratifying the feedback is!

Smokey will in due course, I hope, oblige us by processing and posting a couple of other gems I've got.

Don't trust uniforms! They have been badly devalued by giving them to thieves and liars and idiots.







Nothing 2 Declare: Exclusive! First time ever ... audio recording of HMRC stopping a shopper returning to UK 2010. Pt 1

3 comments:

spikejack said...

I just wish I had your patience, I could never do what you did as I would end up hitting the Nazi bar stewards. A wonderful post, keep blogging, people do appreciate it

karl

Henry said...

fab stuff. I don't smoke but i drink a lot of wine: got questioned for 20 minutes at Eurotunnel last week. They were obsessed with whether I'd pre ordered. God knows why

Anonymous said...

Hi and yes keep up the good work Zaphod, it is excellent to know there are people like you out there challenging tha barstewards on a regular basis!